The Pack Page

Filed under News, Showcase

Eight weeks, one show

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eight weeks, one show

The theatre department used newspapers to make the production seem more authentic to the time period.

Some students tend to fumble up nervously during a presentation in front of a class.

Our theatre department surpassed their nerves and performed in the biggest production our crew has ever put together, Chicago.

Chicago is about a woman, Roxie Hart, who is put on trial for the murder of the man she cheated on her husband with while facing off with criminal mastermind, Velma Kelly, all taking place in a jazz-age backdrop.

“It was really neat to see everyone come together and work hard to produce a major musical like Chicago,” said Mr. Brian Grunkowski, the theatre director.

Everyone in the show had to pull their weight and help out with every little detail.

In addition to their own staff, Mr. G had to hire tech and sound crew as well as a live band.

“I had students take on leadership roles as house managers,” said Mr. G.

It took eight weeks to put together a show as big as Chicago, even with all the extra help.

“Everything comes together on a show night and it’s like it comes to life… and you realize that everything you’ve worked for in rehearsals really paid off,” said Cheyenne McFadden, who played one of the convicted woman in the show.

Thanks to the hard work and determination from our theatre, we were able to see one of the biggest musicals that’s performed on Broadway and many other stages worldwide.

About the Writer
Aileen Griego, Reporter

Aileen Griego absolutely hates the outdoors, but she enjoys playing soccer. She likes soccer because she thinks it makes up for her not being athletic...