The Pack Page

How to Dress for Fall:

Back to Article
Back to Article

How to Dress for Fall:

Shannon-Renee Odoi, Reporter

Seasons come and go, but fall has to be one of the best. From the beautiful colors, to the pumpkin spice lattes, fall has become one of the most popular season of the year. But what to wear during this chilly season? Here are some helpful tips for your fall lookbook:

Fall is the time to put away your sandals and flip flops and instead, wear sneakers, and boots. Here are some tips:

• Get cozy and comfortable with a pair of Uggs or other fur-lined bulky boots.
  • If you live in a place that gets warmer weather during fall, you can wear canvas shoes, such as Chuck Taylors, Toms, or Vans.
  • You can also wear some fashionable riding boots, knee-high boots, or calf-length boots.

“I love to wear scarves, boots, and colorful clothes.” Freshman Rishita Emani states. “I love to be cozy; just enjoy the fall weather. Nature really inspires my style; it’s beautiful outside with the weather.”

Accessories such as scarves, hats, and gloves not only keep you warm, but they are also easy to put away for when the temperature rises. Here are some ideas:

• For hats, try a newsboy cap, or hats made from felt or tweed.
  • For scarves, try something made from flannel with a solid or plaid pattern. Avoid wearing wool or knitted scarves, unless you live in a cooler climate.

“During the fall I like to wear oversized sweaters, my Uggs, or I wear sperrys; to bring out the fall.” 9th grader Ashrita Nallapareddy says. “I’m usually inspired by going on Pinterest and look at people’s outfits and I just copy them. My advice is to wear whatever you like. Don’t care what other people say. Wear what you want to wear; as long as it’s in dress code.”

The weather starts to cool down during the fall, so wearing darker, more neutral colors sets the mood for fall. Avoid bright and light colors such as whites, pastels, and neons. Some suitable colors for fall are:

• Dark colors, such as burgundies, navies, and plums.
  • Neutral colors such as browns, grays, and blacks.
  • Earth tones, such as browns, tans, beiges, forest greens, dark greens, and olive greens.
  • Warm colors based on the fall leaves, such as creams, gold, bronze, dark reds, and dark oranges.

“I love wearing maroon, pink, brown, and orange in the fall,” Freshman Hibah Surthi says. “My go-to-look for fall would be brown pants, with long boots and stockings and have a maroon long sleeved shirt with a pink sweater on and have my hair curled and fall themed makeup; pink lipstick with some brown eyeshadow.”

About the Writer
Shannon-Renee Odoi, Reporter

When everyone's walking right, Shannon-Renee is make a left turn because she's curious about what everyone isn't seeing. Writer, hipster, Netflix fanatic....